Monday, January 20, 2014

Gladiator: All about heart-touching music and superb direction.

Watching this movie, I came to know what makes the Hollywood masterpieces different from ours. The Academy Awards winning movie of 2000 makes everyone conclude that the movies are not only about story, performance and direction. They are also about the sweetness of music. 

Talking about a particular scene of the movie, I loved the dialogue between Maximus and Ceaser in the arena, when he says:
"My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the armies ofthe north, general of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius, father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next".

The artists like Anurag Kashyap, Shoojit Sarkar and Dibakar Banerjee have the courage to make such masterpieces in Indian cinema.
Being a masterpiece of world cinema, I enlist this movie in the Must Watch section of my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment